Meeting & Conference Rooms
The Thayer Public Library has two small Conference Rooms and a larger Program Room (Logan Auditorium) available for public use.
A minimum of two people is needed to reserve the Conference Rooms,
each of which seats up to six comfortably. The Program Room can accommodate 90 adults seated audience style. The Program Room's digital projection system and drop down screen may be used by arrangement.
To reserve Meeting Rooms please read the policies that govern the availability and use of the rooms, listed below.
Call the Children's Room at 781-848-0405 ext. 4425 to reserve one of the Conference Rooms.
Call the library at 781-848-0405 ext. 4417 to reserve the Program Room.
Events" to see events that are already scheduled in the Program Room.)
One small Study Room on the Lower Level can be used on a first come first serve basis for up to three hours a day.
It seats up to two people comfortably. Please sign up at the Information Desk.
Policy for Use of Meeting Rooms
The use of Thayer Public Library Meeting Rooms is
primarily for Library staff and Library sponsored programs that enrich
and extend Library service to the community. Library-related and
Braintree Town activities take precedence in scheduling and use of the
Meeting Rooms may also be used without charge
during regular library hours by non-profit community groups. Although
usage is open to all such groups, preference is given to
Groups and businesses will be charged a fee to use
the rooms for internal business meetings and or training. Sales or the
distribution of merchandise for sale will not be allowed excepting by
library-affiliated groups. Fees for programs may not be charged.
The fact that a group is permitted to use the
rooms does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group’s
policies or beliefs by the Library or the Town.
The use of a Meeting Room may not interfere with
the normal operation of the library and the Library reserves the right
to review, accept or reject any or all applications for meeting room
Program Room Use
- An application for use of the Main Library
Program Room, seating capacity 90, must be filed at the main
library, 798 Washington Street, at least 7 days in advance of the
date of use. Special requests for before or after hours use should
be made at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Reservations are accepted under a first-come,
first-served policy. Program Room reservations are made in person
or by telephone in the Adult Reference Department. Each request is
reviewed to determine meeting room availability, equipment needs
and compliance with Library policy by the Library Director or
his/her designee. In case of denial of use, appeal may be made to
the Library Board.
- People attending meetings held in the Library
Meeting Rooms are asked to park on the street or in the Town Hall
parking lot across Washington Street.
- Meetings may not exceed three hours without
- Organizations, other than library related, may
schedule up to four regular meetings during each calendar year.
- All meetings must be open to the public.
Private parties by invitation only are not permitted.
- The Program Room is available for use on days
when the library is open. Scheduling for days when the library is
closed is at the discretion of the Library Trustees and Director.
Fees commensurate with library staffing costs will be charged in
- Standard usage fees may be charged as
follows (Fees updated 7/01/08):
- ** Fee Waived ** for non-profit civic,
cultural, educational and community groups during regular
library hours. Non-profit organizations are encouraged
to make a donation of at least $10.00.
- $50.00 flat fee for up to three hours of
consecutive use; $20.00 for each additional hour.
- A fee of $35.00 will be charged for any use
of meeting rooms before or after regular library hours
excepting use by library affiliated groups.
- Checks accompanying the application should
be made payable to Thayer Public Library.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel any
other previously scheduled use of the Program Room when necessary.
Twenty-four hour notice of cancellation will be given by the
Library whenever possible.
- Storage of materials before or after the
reserved time is prohibited. The Library assumes no responsibility
for materials belonging to the organization / individual or
liability for loss or damages. Personal insurance is suggested for
valuable property brought into the Library.
- The library will provide seating and tables,
but Meeting Room set-up is the responsibility of the applicant.
Items to be displayed can not be taped or tacked to the walls or
- Organizations are responsible for bringing
their own supplies and utensils if refreshments are served.
Alcoholic beverages may not be served and smoking is prohibited.
- Groups using the rooms are required to have
adult supervision at all times.
- All rooms used must be left in their original
condition. A “maintenance” and or “cleanup fee” will be
charged for damage to the room as a result of use as determined by
the Library Director.
- The Library Board and the Town of Braintree or
their employees or agents are not liable for any claims rising out
of the use of this facility.
Conference Room Use
(Revised: May 19, 2015)
The same regulations will apply to the Conference
Rooms with the following exceptions:
- Sign-up for upper level rooms will be done in the Children’s Department. Rooms may be reserved for up to three hours. Sign-up may not be done more than one month in advance or exceed three three-hour blocks per week.
- Conference Rooms are intended for group usage; however individuals may use the conference rooms on a first come first serve basis if the room is not reserved. Individual requests should be made in person in the Children’s Department. Conference rooms are only to be used during regular library hours.
The Library Board reserves the right to modify
the sections entitled “Program Room Use” and “Conference Room
Use” at any time in response to changing conditions.